Tuesday, May 26, 2009

25 Random Things About Me


I have done “25 Random Things About Me” months ago. But I was fortunate to get tagged again…

This list is more serious as opposed to the one I did before which was more frivolous.

1. I had a dog once.


2. I lived with my grandparents in Laguna till I was 12. During summer I go to Manila while the Manileṅos go to the provinces.


3. I used to shave my head “by choice” during summer. I tell colleagues it was a religious vow to stop the questions.


4. I care a lot about what I wear.


5. I prefer to wear glasses than contact lenses.


6. I take public transport to work to do my bit for the environment. Although trains are more efficient I feel safer in buses.


7. I'm delighted about Brillante Mendoza's win at Cannes but I'm annoyed at how Philippine showbiz media exaggerate the international successes of some Filipino showbiz personalities. Ruffa, anyone? Exactly!!!!!


8. I am an only child…I think.


9. My father was the one who inculcated in me interest in food and fashion.


10. My mother got me started in the kitchen.


11. My early kitchen ventures were not always successful but the people around me were always very appreciative.


12. I was mugged when I was 9. I was with an older cousin on our way to Bataan. I crossed the road to go to Jollibee to get us some lunch when someone suddenly wrapped his arms on my shoulder like he was my buddy. I remember feeling something sharp on my side. He took my wallet and my watch. Since then, I became very suspicious of anyone walking behind me too closely. I got over it eventually. My cousin got all the flak. I got all the attention.

13. I don’t remember the mugger’s face. I remember how he made me feel. My father took me to the same street a week after the event. I pretended I knew who we were looking for.

14. I enjoy sharing new food experiences with friends. As a primary school student I promise to foot the bill as long as a friend would tag along. I always kept my promise.

15. Also, during my elementary days, I felt really sad towards the “vendors” outside the school grounds. I save a bit of my “recess” money to buy from them.

16. I find it really difficult to cook for anyone I do not like. That is why I’ve given up on the “restaurant dream”.

17. I believe I could have done better in school if I have put more effort in my studies.

18. I got my degree overseas but I still hope one day I can finish my bachelor of economics at the UP.


19. I thought I was going to be a full time academic.

20. You wouldn’t know it but I’m no good at doing quick sums without a calculator.

21. I think at 16 years young I was too immature to decide a career for the rest of my life. I’ve changed courses several times. I started as a Chemical Engineer student but ended up as a Finance professional. I’m glad to have been given another chance later on.

22. I applied for all sorts of odd jobs as a student for extra money but no one seems interested. I wondered if I needed a degree to clean a car.

23. I planned to start my Finance career in Singapore. God had other plans.

24. I am very grateful to a Kiwi named Steve Wright for giving me my first big break.

25. I never thought blogging would become a hobby. I loathe essay writing in school.

1 comment:

Julie Ann Events said...

Hi again! I'm really NOT stalking you. I thought I'd just click on your profile and then I saw you had another blog. So I read it... And it's great to see you're a brother in Christ. Did you ever go to Word of Life in Laguna?