Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Starting Our Own Couple’s Devotion

We’ve always known we needed to have a daily devotion as husband and wife. But for whatever reason (some not really valid) we have put it off. I probably should say I have put it off. Being the “head” of the home I should be the one with the initiative to start one.

I shouldn’t have waited for a crisis to occur to prompt me to take the first step but to be honest a recent difficult event was the main precursor to our new found enthusiasm for a couple’s devotion.

I felt a little bit uncomfortable in the beginning about discussing the Word with my wife. But that quickly disappeared as I begin to realise the importance of what we are doing.

Romans 12:2 was what I focused on:

“Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God – what is good and well- pleasing and perfect.”

Nothing I felt was more appropriate to give more weight to what we have now started.

I’ll try to post more entries on this blog. Watch this space.

No comments: